1 thick-cut ribeye steak
1 cup ghee butter
2 tablespoons and a pinch of rock salt
1 tablespoon canola oil or beef lard
Heat safe serving platter
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and place your oven safe dish inside to warm.
2. Heat your cast-iron skillet to high heat.
3. Melt ghee butter and keep on a low simmer in a small pot
4. Place oil or beef lard in hot pan. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on steak and place in cast iron. Cook about 3 minutes per side. Outside should be charred. Inside should be be almost raw.
5. Slice steak immediately and arrange on warm serving platter.
6. Drizzle hot ghee butter over the top and finish with rock salt. Serve immediately.