Scallops and Chimichurri
1/2 bunch fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, thick stems removed
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves (any more and I find the garlic is overpowering)
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (distilled or rice vinegar work great too)
1 dash red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
*optional - 1 small handful of oregano
Scallops (as many as you want)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup of polenta
4 cups water
1 half stick of butter
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of milk
1. Combine all of the ingredients for the chimichurri in a food processor a blender. Process until sauce is smooth. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and overnight if possible. Set aside for later use.
2. Cook your polenta according to the package. Boil the water then slowly mix in your cup of polenta. Stir continuously for about 15 minutes. Polenta should be thick at this point. Turn the heat to low and stir occasionally.
3. Place your scallops between two paper towels and pat dry. Let sit between paper towels even for 15 minutes to remove all the moisture (this helps to create a perfect sear).
4. Season scallops with salt, pepper and dash of paprika on both sides.
5. Heat a skillet or saucepan to medium-high heat and add olive oil. Turn your pan to make sure the whole pan is coated.
6. Place your scallops in the pan and let them cook for about 2.5 minutes. Add your butter and cheese to your polenta and season with salt and pepper.
7. Flip your scallops and let finish cooking.
8. Spoon your hot cheesy polenta on to serving plates. Immediately top with our delicious fresh seared scallops and then coat with fresh chimichurri sauce. Enjoy!